Freight & Freight Forward Service
Gunworks will now organise your rifle/rifles to be freighted (freight forward) to us at your cost. The cost will be added to your account. See below for prices:
PLEASE NOTE …. IF YOU ARE DROPPING YOUR RIFLE OFF TO THE DEPOT, BEFORE YOU GET TO FASTWAY, YOU MUST RING GUNWORKS 03-3421001 FIRST SO WE CAN DO THE PAPERWORK, VERY IMPORTANT
South Island to Gunworks
1-3 rifles (up to 15kg) $20 per individual parcel * (including GST)
North Island to Gunworks
1 x Rifle (up to 5kg) $20 per individual parcel * (including GST)
1-3 Rifles (up to 15kg) $30 per individual parcel * (including GST)
* Price quoted is on an individual parcel, rifles can be packaged separately but the packages must be taped together to make one parcel as all separate parcels (not bound together) will be charged separately.
If you are in a main centre, leave it up to us, we’ll organise it to be picked up from you, you just need to package and label it and have it ready for pick up.
If you are out of town, ie rural, we can still offer this service but you will need to take it into a Fastway depot or have it collected from a main centre address as Fastways will not come out to a rural address to pick up.
How to Freight forward:
Either email us your Name, pick up address & phone number to email@example.com or phone us on 03-3421001 and we’ll organise the rest.
- Complete and enclose the “Gunworks work request form” (located under “forms” on this website) with your rifle.
- Pack your rifle into a box, bag or case, whatever you have that will help the rifle on its journey to us safely, make sure it is clearly addressed to Gunworks. The bare rifle is all that is required for the threading and fitting of the suppressor, we don’t need your scope or bolt, keep these items with you. If you have a suppressor, please ensure you put the suppressor in with your rifle as we will need it for fitting which is really important.
- Do not pay the Fastway Driver or Fastway Depot any money, we will charge this to your account.
- They can either pick up from your home/work address, allow 24-48 hours from the time the freight forward is lodged until Fastway pick up – (note Fastway cannot pick up from a rural address), or you are most welcome to drop off directly to Fastway or a Fastway “drop-off” point and Gunworks can advise you of the drop off point or depot. If dropping your rifle off to the depot, Gunworks must have lodged the freight forward so that when you go into the depot the paperwork is waiting.
- When at the depot advise this is a “freight forward organised by Gunworks” and again Gunworks will charge you for the freight, not Fastway.
- Allow 2-3 working days for your rifle to arrive at Gunworks. We will advise you when your rifle arrives.
Below are our freight track & trace pricing for our online & phone purchases
Small A5: $4.50
Medium A4: $7.50
Large A3: $8.50
Extra Large A2: $10.50
For any larger purchases please ring us for a quote.
Freight Cost for rifles
South Island: $15.00
North Island: $15.00 for 1 rifle; $20.00 for 2-3 rifles